Find a thing!

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Ocean Full of Bowling Balls

I liked the practicality of last week's readings and lecture. It really seemed to focus more on the tangible nature of technology rather than simply philosophizing. The latter can be fine in its own right, but I'm always more excited about seeing the practical nature of things.

I am becoming fed up with my Windows Vista OS and Microsoft Windows as a whole. I picked up the Windows 7 expansion pack from Bellefield Hall, but the disc would not install because I had not downloaded specific expansion packs. I went to download those, and when I ran them, they would say that an error has occurred, leaving me back a square one. I guess part of my issue is that I should be extra vigilant when these updates happen. It's not simply about following orders when the computer needs to update something, but instead it's about taking the initiative to do so without anyone or anything instructing you to. Hopefully this class will help me see the importance of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers