Find a thing!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Grievances

I ate leftover spinach pasta for breakfast this morning. When I say "spinach pasta" I do not mean some sort of gourmet creamy green tortellini. I mean leftover spaghetti with frozen chopped spinach. At this point I have 22 days left in Pittsburgh and do not really want to go shopping for anything that I'll have to throw out or move 200 miles away. My only breakfast alternative was oatmeal, and since I have no air conditioning I didn't really want to be eating hot mush that early in the morning.

I'm getting rid of all of my furniture too. It's not worth paying for a truck to relocate 15 year old furniture that collectively costs about 50 bucks. Eventually it will either be sold on Craiglist, or end up in the dumpster.

There's a lot of pressure to hit the ground running with this transition between grad school and the next step of a professional career, but I seriously need a mental, physical, and emotional break before I do mentally, physically, and emotionally break.

I just want to go to my parents house for a few months and do the following:

1. Work as a sub at the positions that I was working at my hometown library
2. Get into a jogging routine
3. Watch new episodes of Mad Men
4. Make some music with my friends
5. Save up money so I can buy a car
6. Start paying off student loans

Nice break eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers