Find a thing!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Who Knew I Had the Gift of Premonition

This is a song I wrote on the first day of orientation. I think that in hindsight...it fits.



Pay Attention

You better get your focus

Buckle up and buckle down

Or else a plague of locusts

Will come and run you out of town

Cross those eyes, hold yer breath

Do your best to fight that itch

Don’t forget to do the rest

No one wants a sonuvabitch



CHORUS:

Check please, the bill has come

And did I forget to mention

It’s all on you. Here comes your cue

Get ready to pay attention

Bout to get like Alex in Clockwork

Hold onto your Ludwig Van

Is your heart in this? Your pancreas?

Do you even give a good goddamn?

Bite that lip but don’t close those eyes

How can you? We’ve got them pried.

My mistake, let’s all just take

A deep breath and jump inside


CHORUS


BRIDGE:

I’ve got a plan and I’ve got a clue

And I’m the one who can see things through

So take off your shoes. Remove those socks

Welcome to the school of medium knocks.

1 comment:

Followers